Thursday, December 25, 2014

Some Days Are Christmas

It's Christmas!  I am up before dawn, waiting for my family to stir, waiting for the light of day. I am unexpectedly excited, feeling like a child on Christmas morning!

I believe that several weeks ago, in anticipation of this day, I wrapped my feelings in a big box and covered the box with sparkles and a bright bow. Some days my not so Christmasy emotions would slip past that box lid. But in general, the holiday busyness and the traditional and ever expanding list-of-things-to-do helped keep those emotions under wrap.

There have been some beautiful moments. Like being in the audience for the Holiday Band Concert. One of the numbers was so moving, it brought me to tears. And taking our annual family Christmas picture. Always lots of laughter and general silliness with that tradition. And sitting in the glow of the Christmas tree lights with my husband.

I have so much for which I am grateful. And now, at this moment, I am savoring this early Christmas morning. Anticipating joy. Trusting that good is possible and achievavble. Having little need for absolutes. Content to be content. Feeling swaddled in love.

I am feeling HOPE. What a gift to awaken in hope. The best gift to come out of the box.

Wake up, everybody!

It's Christmas!


1 comment: