Friday, September 5, 2014

Some Day Are Anniversaries

On a beautiful, warm day sixteen years ago, Jay and I were married. 
I sobbed through my vows.  Lord, I am crying again.

PROMISED TO JAY SHULER
SEPTEMBER 5, 1998

For many years, I believed I was meant to live my life singly
Now I know God meant for me to wait until I met you.

So, before God, our friends and family
I want to declare my love for you.

I love you, Jay Shuler.
I love the strength in your gentle nature.
I admire your integrity and ethics both personally and professionally.
I am proud of all you have accomplished.
I love your modest genius.

I love how you love me, 
not in a romantic, sappy way,
But consistently and unconditionally
When I am kind and when I am moody.
When I am healthy and when I am sick.
When I am strong and when I am weak.

Today I take you to be my husband.

I promise to stand by you always.
To laugh with you in the good times
To struggle with you in the bad.
To celebrate your triumphs
To comfort your disappointments.
To stay open and honest when love is an ecstasy
And when it is an effort.

From this day forward, I promise
To never take advantage of your gentle nature.
To work with you on becoming a family.
To strengthen our faith in God.

And to love you sweetly and thankfully
All the days of my life.


3 comments:

  1. Love is good. Marriage is a blessing. May you have many many beautiful years filled with joy, comfort, and peace, and enough spice to keep you on your toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, you and Jay are blessed to have each other and Tessa is the luckiest kid in the world to have you two as parents!

    ReplyDelete