Monday, September 1, 2014

Some Days Are Still

I am about to dis words, the very things I cherish. Paradoxical.

I just read something written by Cheryl Maloney. She has a Facebook page Simple Steps Real Change.

In one of today's posts, Cheryl wrote, "Words are not always necessary...whether you are alone or with others...Be still and listen to what your soul is telling you...when you observe rather than engage...you can see more clearly..."

In my faith tradition, Cheryl is describing the Spirit.

I have a friend whose blog is entitled, "Listening for the Still, Small Voice."  I love her title.

My mom would not allow us to say the words "shut up."  Family rule.  However, I think I am being nudged today to do just that.  A little less words, a little more stillness.


1 comment:

  1. A good reminder to take time to connect to stillness and accept its gifts.

    ReplyDelete